​I am a respondent. What do I do after receiving a claim?

First, log on to CJTS to find out more about the claim that has been made against you.

Step 1Go to
Step 2Login using your Singpass by clicking on “For Individual Users” if you are an individual or “For Business Users” if you are transacting on behalf of a business entity.  If you are not eligible for Singpass, you may apply for a CJTSPass by clicking “Register for CJTSPass”.
Step 3Update "My Profile" with your personal particulars.
Step 4Key in your one time reference number as found in the Notice of Consultation served on you.
Step 5Explore. Once logged in, you will be able to see the case details online, view submitted documents, participate in e-negotiation, monitor the progress of the case and check for Consultation dates.

Next, consider if you wish to settle the claim. If you wish to settle the claim with the claimant, you may initiate e-Negotiation with a view to resolving the dispute. If the claim is not settled by the date of Consultation, you must attend the Consultation on the date stated in the notice, failing which the Tribunals may make an adverse order against you.

Filing a Counterclaim

If you also have a claim against the claimant, you may file a counterclaim against the claimant.

For counterclaims: Login to CJTS, and click "Online Applications". Choose the e-service "Counterclaim Form" and follow the instructions. Filing a counterclaim is very similar to filing a claim. Like a claim, a counterclaim must be served on the person the counterclaim is being made against.

Last updated on: 13/9/2021 5:11 PM


Strongly Disagree
Strongly Agree

Information is easy to understand.

Information is useful.

Information is easy to find.

Tell us how we can improve this page.

Please email if you would like us to respond to your enquiries.

We will use your contact infomation for feedback related to the website only.

There are 2000 characters left