​​​​​​​How do I file a claim?

For claims filed before 9 July 2017 (manually): You may download the claim form here and attend at the Tribunals during its operating hours to take a queue number for registration of your claim. Please ensure that your claim is duly completed and you have brought along all relevant supporting documents required for filing a claim. If your claim is not duly completed with the relevant supporting documents by 9 July 2017, you may be required to submit your claim online through CJTS.

​For claims filed on or after 10 July 2017 (CJTS): All claims must be submitted online through CJTS.

Filing a claim on CJTS

Step 1​​Go to http://www.statecourts.gov.sg/CJTS/
Step 2​​Login using your SingPass (for individuals) or CorpPass (for business entities). If you are not eligible for SingPass or CorpPass, you may apply for a CJTS Pass by clicking “Register for CJTS Pass”.
​Step 3​Update “My Profile” with your personal particulars.
​Step 4​Click “Online applications” then “Claim Form
Step 5​Key in your Pre-filing ID or proceed to do your pre-filing assessment to obtain a Pre-filing ID.
Step 6​Complete the questions in the pre-filing assessment, and click “Submit”.
Step 7

​Fill in your claim.

  • Enter the claimant’s + respondent’s details
  • Upload supporting documents

Click “Submit”, then “Confirm to Proceed”.

Step 8

​Pay the filing fees. Applications filed with CJTD will be processed only after the requisite payments are made. Payment may be made:

Online: Credit Card / internet banking (coming soon)
Offline: Generate payment advice by choosing “pay later”. Bring the payment advice to the Finance Section, 1st level, State Courts and pay at the Finance counter or Automated Collection System Machine located there.

Claims and applications will only be processed after the requisite payments are made.

Step 9​Choose a Consultation date and time.
Step 10​Click “Save respondent’s notice”. Print the Notice of Consultation & the Claim to serve on the respondent.

What documents must I upload?

You should prepare the following documents for your claim:

  • Supporting documents. All documents to support your claim (invoices/receipts/contracts/tenancy agreements/stamp duty/photos).
  • ACRA Business Profile. For business entities, copies of the ACRA business profile (obtained within 1 month from the date of filing) must be uploaded. Obtaining an instant information business search (business profile). The ACRA business profile can be purchased online at www.bizfile.gov.sg (> Purchase of Information > Instant Information > Business Profile) or at any ACRA-accredited service providers, such as Crimson Logic Pte. Ltd.
  • Letter of Authorisation. If you are representing an entity (such as a corporation, partnership, or society), for every court attendance, upload an authorisation on the entity’s letterhead stating the representative’s name, NRIC number and designation.
  • Memorandum of Consent, if any. For claims exceeding $10,000 but below $20,000, a Memorandum of Consent signed by both parties is required.
  • Translations. All documents not in the English language must be accompanied by a certified English translation made by a professional translator.

What are the filing fees?

Claim / Counterclaim Amount Consumers Non-Consumers
Up to $5,000$10$50
Between $5,000 and $10,000$20$100

More than $10,000, up to $20,000*

* Consent of both parties required. A Memorandum of Consent must be filed/uploaded.

1% of claim amount3% of claim amount
Last updated on: 15/10/2018 12:34 PM


Strongly Disagree
Strongly Agree

Information is easy to understand.

Information is useful.

Information is easy to find.

Tell us how we can improve this page.

Please email if you would like us to respond to your enquiries.

We will use your contact infomation for feedback related to the website only.

There are 2000 characters left