Where your evidence is in the form of hardcopy documents:
- If your case is filed under the standard proceedings, copies of the document should be made and attached to your supporting affidavit and brought to the CrimsonLogic Service Bureau to be filed using eLitigation; or
- If your case is filed under the simplified proceedings, the documents are to be scanned and saved as a PDF file, and the PDF documents are to be filed on the Community Justice and Tribunals System (CJTS) using the "Submit Supporting Documentation" online application function.
Audio or video recordings
Where the evidence is in the form of audio or video recordings (such as recordings of phone conversations or CCTV recordings), the recordings may not be filed electronically but should instead be tendered to the court by way of a CD-R or DVD-R. Please note the following when preparing your recordings:
- The recordings must be saved in a CD-R or DVD-R, and a hard-copy label affixed to it stating:
[Party's name]-[CD-R or DVD-R number]
[Tan Ah Teck Joseph]-[CD1]
[Tan Ah Teck Joseph]-[DVD1]
- Each recording must be saved under a file name in the following format:
[Date of recording in YYYY-MM-DD format]-[Actual time that recording started in HH-MM-SS (24h) format]-[Short description of what the recording is meant to show]
- The important part(s) of each recording that the party wishes to bring to the Judge's attention must be identified and described in the following format in the Claim/Application/Reply:
|DVD Label||File name of recording||Time location within recording|
[HH:MM:SS] to [HH:MM:SS]
|[Tan Ah Teck Joseph]-[DVD1]||[2016-06-05]-[23-11-00]-[Stalking] ||Actual time: [23:11:23] to [23:11:30] or|
Recording time: [01:05:22] to [01:05:25]
|Respondent waits along the common corridor to find out when Claimant arrives home|
|[Tan Ah Teck Joseph]-[DVD2]||[2016-06-10]-[09-07-00]-[Scolding vulgarities]||Actual time: [09:10:22] to [09:12:50] or|
Recording time: [00:35:21] to [00:40:23]
|Respondent stands outside Claimant's flat and scolds Claimant vulgarities ("[state exact words used]")|
- A transcript of the important part(s) of the audio or video recording must be prepared to state the action that is seen, the exact words that are used, the type(s) of sound(s) that are heard etc.
- Where the words that are used in the audio or video recording are not in English, a certified translation of the words into English must be provided.
- Screenshots of the important frame(s) in the video recording to support what is stated in the transcript must be provided.
IMPORTANT: DOCUMENTS AND EXHIBITS WHICH DO NOT COMPLY WITH THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY BE REJECTED BY THE COURT.
NOTE: DOCUMENTS WHICH ARE TENDERED TO THE COURT MUST ALSO BE SERVED ON THE RESPONDENT.