Parties with a salary-related dispute or wrongful dismissal dispute must first go through mediation at the Tripartite Alliance for Dispute Management ("TADM"). Only disputes which remain unresolved after mediation at TADM may proceed to be resolved at the ECT.


Step 1Submit a mediation request at TADM ( If the dispute is not settled through mediation at TADM, the parties will obtain a Claim Referral Certificate from an approved mediator at TADM.
Step 2Go to
Step 3Login using your Singpass by clicking on “For Individual Users” if you are an individual or “For Business Users” if you are transacting on behalf of a business entity.  If you are not eligible for Singpass, you may apply for a CJTSPass by clicking “Register for CJTSPass”.
Step 4​Update "My Profile" with your personal particulars.
Step 5

Click "Online Applications" then "ECT", then choose the service "Claim Form".

Step 6

Key in your pre-filing ID or proceed to do your pre-filing assessment to obtain the pre-filing ID.

Step 7​Complete the questions in the pre-filing assessment, and click “Submit”.
Step 8

​Fill in your claim.

  • Enter the claimant’s + respondent’s details. The respondent is the party that you are filing a claim against.
  • Upload supporting documents in PDF format, including your Claim Referral Certificate.
  • Click “Submit”, then “Confirm to Proceed”.
Step 9

​Pay the filing fees. Applications will only be processed only after the requisite payments are made. Payment may be made via:

  • Online: Credit Card / eNets
  • Offline: Click “Pay Later” and then “Generate Payment Advice”. Bring the payment advice to the State Courts and pay by cash, Nets, Nets FlashPay or credit card at the payment kiosks in the State Courts.
Step 10​Choose a Case Management Conference (CMC) date and time.
Step 11​Click “Save Respondent Copy”. Print the respondent’s copy of the Notice of CMC to serve on the respondent within 7 working days after the date of filing of the claim.

NOTE: A Claim must be filed within 4 weeks after the date of issue of the Claim Referral Certificate by TADM. A claim must not be served on any person or entity outside Singapore. If the other party is overseas, you will not be able to file your claim in the ECT.

What documents should I prepare?

You should prepare the following documents to be uploaded into the CJTS:

  • Personal identification documents
    • For individuals: NRIC, Passport or Employment Pass
    • For company representatives: Latest ACRA profile, letter of authorisation, and NRIC, Passport or Employment Pass of representative
  • Claim referral certificate from TADM
  • All supporting evidence. All evidence submitted must be in the English language, otherwise, a certified translation of the same must be provided.
Last updated on: 13/9/2021 3:41 PM


Strongly Disagree
Strongly Agree

Information is easy to understand.

Information is useful.

Information is easy to find.

Tell us how we can improve this page.

Please email if you would like us to respond to your enquiries.

We will use your contact infomation for feedback related to the website only.

There are 2000 characters left