These websites and organisations may offer self-help options out of Court.

Neighbours should consider starting proceedings in the Community Disputes Resolution Tribunal (CDRT) only after all self-help options, including community mediation, have been tried and exhausted.

Starting proceedings in the CDRT against your neighbour should always be the last option when all other means of resolving the dispute have not been effective.

To better understand the self-help options that are available to you, you may wish to refer to the following websites:

Guidelines on Resolving Neighbour Disputes

​The Community Dispute Management Framework
​Guidelines for Resolving Disputes Between Neighbours


​Community Mediation Centre (CMC)

Assistance from People's Association

​Legal Advice Service

Assistance from Town Councils

​Aljunied-Hougang Town Council
​Ang Mo Kio Town Council
​Bishan-Toa Payoh Town Council
​Choa Chu Kang Town Council
​East Coast-Fengshan Town Council
​Holland-Bukit Panjang Town Council
​Jalan Besar Town Council
​Jurong-Clementi Town Council
​Marine Parade Town Council
​Marsiling-Yew Tee Town Council
​Nee Soon Town Council
​Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council
​Sembawang Town Council
​Tampines Town Council
​Tanjong Pagar Town Council
​West Coast Town Council

Assistance from Relevant Government Agencies

​Building and Construction Authority (BCA)
​Housing & Development Board (HDB)
​Land Transport Authority (LTA)
​National Environment Agency (NEA)
​National Parks Board (NParks)
​PUB, The National Water Agency (PUB)
​Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA)
​Singapore Police Force (SPF)
​Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF)
Last updated on: 25/2/2020 8:50 AM


Strongly Disagree
Strongly Agree

Information is easy to understand.

Information is useful.

Information is easy to find.

Tell us how we can improve this page.

Please email if you would like us to respond to your enquiries.

We will use your contact infomation for feedback related to the website only.

There are 2000 characters left